Tuesday 10 January 2012

Happy New Year 2012 & A Visit to the Clinic

Happy New Year 2012! 


Hope everything went well for everyone last year and may god bestows all his blessings upon all of you in the coming new year 2012 and in many years ahead. 


So on new year I went to the clinic for a check-up since I haven't had my period for almost 5 - 6 months. I feel that I might be pregnant because I have several pregnancy symptoms such as strange cravings, mood swings, fatigue, stretch marks, stomach discomfort, enlarged abdomen, gaining lots of weight  and  to make it short ... I just 'feel' pregnant. In those  5- 6 months I took almost 15 home pregnancy tests but all shows negative/not pregnant.


I did went to the hospital last October but never had a clear result. I  had my first ultrasound scan. The doctor says that nothing is wrong with me or with my uterus. I ask the doctor to explain why I haven't had my period for months and got a simple answer... I'm over-weight. So I went to the gym and had a trainer's advice on how to exercise and some balance diet tips. After 2 months I still don't see any much different. One things for sure that I feel like there is something going on with my body and had those preg symptoms like I mention earlier but much worst than before especially the cramps around my abdomen.


Still not satisfied with my first check up (hoping that the second check-up will give me a positive result but still trying not to get my hopes up), I went to a clinic that I'm used to going every time when I need to get my immunization shots. I'm suppose to get my 3rd and last dose of HPV Vaccine but before I do so I just want to make sure that I'm not pregnant. (Note: It's not recommended for pregnant women to take this vaccine).


The doctor's first reaction shows that I might be pregnant. Then I had my abdomen check and an ultrasound (I even have a copy of the ultrasound photo) showing a negative result. My doctor explained that me being over-weight might have cause hormone imbalance that causes no period and fertility problem due to the ovary unable to release any egg. My doctor gave Deviry 10 mg for my period (for 5 days), Adipex retard capsule (for 30 days) to help me with my weight and finally advice me to continue exercise and control my diet.


I really hope that my period comes back again. My menstrual cycles usually changes since my teens. It's usually on time and sometimes comes only after 40-50 days since my last period. There are times that I could even have my period for 5 days start during the end till early of the month (for example: Jan, 29 - Feb, 2). Could that be counted as 2 months? Heheh.


To be honest after the second check up, I did feel a little sad that I'm not preggy yet but at the same time feeling relieved that I can finally do my normal routine without worrying about it. Just imagine not knowing that your actually baking something in your oven for months (thinking I'm just fat and not care less if it grows like a balloon) and only to found out all this time your 7-9 months preggy and about to go for labour during one of your gym sessions (lol). 


Anyway for now I'm going to take my doctor's advice (lose weight) and my husband and I will try to take this preggy issues one step at a time and just have fun for the time being. Never give up. Lastly I'm going to do some updates here if my period comes out after taking Deviry 10mg for 5 days (starting Jan 7).  



No comments: